Pre-Meeting• TURN IN ALL SOLD AND UNSOLD RAFFLE TICKETS.
Meeting Agenda • Tuesday, May 28, 2019
- Welcome All!
- Financial Report Karen Arnold
- Dental clinic
- Pet Education 2018/2019 school year comes to a close with our 5th yr at Jesse Mae.
- Stella’s Touch program continues to grow. Calabash Sr Center drew new members and a couple of PEP volunteers.
- SSB markets. 1 more market this Thursday. We have chosen not to set up for summer markets. Not enough volunteers each week.!
- Yard Sale. Drum roll please!!!
- Upcoming Events:
- Sunday, June 2: BandFest SB 2019 • Sunset Beach Town Park.
- A few Volunteers needed.
- Sat, June 1, Volunteer orientation at the park.
- Sponsorships are now closed. Tshirts $20 while they last.
- Food Trucks: Papa John’s, Island Seafood, Dawg House Grill, Butcher of Brunswick, Wicked Good Pretzels, Pelican’s Snoball, Beer Garden by Red Hare Brewery.
- Bands: Sea & Sand Band, Mason Lovette Band, Gary Lowder & Smokin’ Hot.
- BF funds will support Stella’s Touch plus provide support for rescue groups, spay/neuter programs & Pet Education.
- BCAPS fundraiser, Pins for Paws on Saturday, June 15 230pm at Planet Fun in Shallotte. Contact BCAPS for information: Belinda Musgrove 910-754-8204
- Can we do better? Ideas to improve animal welfare.
- Pet Food Pantry • Now forming a committee to begin working on pet food pantry for next year
- Can Brunswick County be “No Kill”?
- FACT: Per ASPCA: 670,000 dogs & 860,000 cats are euthanized in animal shelters in our country in 2017 That is a total of 1.5 million dogs and cats every year, an average of 4,143 dogs and cats every day. It costs taxpayers nearly $375 MILLION to euthanize these animals . . . that’s money that could be spent much more effectively elsewhere.
Statistics reported to NC from Brunswick County:
Dogs 2039 Cats 2283
Adopted 820 adopted 616
Ret to owner 491 ret to owner 44
Euthanized 595 euthanized 476
Unaccounted for 728 unaccounted for 1,128
2018 county budget: $1,164.267.22
** Cost per animal $263.29** pending info 1,856 dogs and cats unaccounted for
- PA Newsletter articles needed. Contact Ellen Lehrer, our newsletter editor.
- Volunteers needed for OysterFest and OktoberFest. See Dates / Contacts below.
- How you can help without costing you anything!
- Papa John’s Pizza. USE PAWS30 FOR ONLINE ORDERS
- Memorial Gifts: Donations in memory of or in honor of a pet or a person
- RETIRED? Use Matching Funds & Donations for volunteer hours
- Online shopping. Remember Paws-Ability
- com; Amazon.Smile; Network for Good; Walmart etc
- Mason Dixon: LOCAL, a PA business member! Offers 5% of your purchase to non profit of your choice
- Mark your calendars and save the dates.
- Sunset @ Sunset – Sunset Beach, Saturday, October 5
- OysterFest – October 19th & 20th • OIB
- Oktoberfest – Saturday, October 26th • Calabash
- Photos with Santa, Saturday, December 7 • SB Park
- Photos with Santa, Saturday, December 14 • OIB
- Shallotte Holiday Market – Mulberry Park, November 16
- Winterfest – Southport Franklin Square Park, Saturday, December 14
- NEW Businesses OPEN:
- Dog Daze Pet Supplies is open!
- Delilah’s Brew & Chew. Opening soon.
- SweetCakes Bakery. 7026 Beach Drive SW, OIB. Donated King Cake for Mardi Gras party this year.
- Spiritquest celebrated 20th anniversary.
XIII. Questions / Concerns / Suggestions / Ideas
XIV. Get involved! Volunteers welcome. Contact information below:
Event Chairperson E-Mail
Newsletter Ellen Lehrer firstname.lastname@example.org
Hope Harbor NEED COORDINATOR
Stella’s Touch Janie Withers info@Paws-Ability.org
Event Volunteering Anita August email@example.com
Pet Education Program Anne Overcash firstname.lastname@example.org
Derrillyn Harbeston email@example.com
Feral cats & TNR Jim Baumgarten firstname.lastname@example.org
Karen Arnold email@example.com
Fostering for RACE Cheri McLain firstname.lastname@example.org
Fostering for AAA Jill Jones email@example.com