Next Meeting Tuesday, April 25th
Meeting Agenda • April 25, 2017
I. MINUTES – approval of minutes for March 28, 2017 meeting
II. FINANCIAL REPORT
III. OLD BUSINESS & UPDATES
A) Leash and Collar Sales
B) Brunswick Beacon’s New Pet Page: It’s coming!
C) Papa John’s Pizza: PAWS30 = 30% DISCOUNT Promo Continues!
D) Belk’s Spring Charity Sale: This Saturday, April 29, 6 – 10 a.m. Buy your tickets tonight!
E) Update: Sunset Beach Waterfront Market – Pictures with the Easter Bunny was Saturday, April 13
F) Update: Novant Hospital Project
G) Update: Pet Education Program (PEP) kicked off on April 20
H) Update: Community Cat Houses
I) Update: 2017 PA Membership Drive
J) Update: NC Puppy Mill Bill
1) Contact Brunswick County Commissioners at: 910.398.1818
2) Urge their support for improved local ordinances for animal welfare.
IV. NEW BUSINESS & “Mark Your Calendars”
A) Heartworm donations
B) Sponsors: ATMC BEMC, First Bank, 2 Rotary Clubs: South Brunswick Islands and Shallotte chapters
C) Band Fest: Sunday, June 4 at Sunset Beach Waterfront Park
1) Times: 1:00 – 5:00 p.m.
2) Need Volunteers
D) 7th Annual Bicycle Poker Run, OIB – Saturday, October 14
1) Need more sponsors
2) Need Silent Auction items – Don’t wait until the last minute!
E) 37th Annual Oyster Fest, OIB – Saturday and Sunday, October 21-22, 2017
1) Ticket Tent Opportunity
2) Volunteers for PA tent
V. Tonight’s Speaker: Alicia Pearson • “Integrated Reflexology” How It Compliments Veterinary Options
A) Natural Health Center • 10255 Beach Drive, Calabash • 579.7511
B) Alicia will be available for consult on Sunday, June 4 at Paws-Ability’s 1st Annual BandFest!
VI. VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! You have chosen to be part of PA. Look over the list of volunteer needs. What do you do well, and enjoy doing? Sign up sheets are here tonight for each. If you need additional info, contact the event chair below or contact Janie Withers. We need you! Thanks for participating.
Event Chairperson E-Mail
Band Fest 6/4 Janie Withers Janiewithers@paws-ability.org. [sign up sheet available]
Website content coordinator Christine Rice firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pet Education Program (PEP) Sue LoBuono email@example.com
- Derrillyn Harbeston firstname.lastname@example.org
- Newsletter Editor: Ellen Lehrer email@example.com
- Novant Hospital program Mary Beth Mount firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hope Harbor Debbie Eckert email@example.com
- PUPPY MILL BILL Kim S. firstname.lastname@example.org
ANIMAL ABUSE HOTLINE: http://www.ncdoj.gov/Crime/Report-Animal-Cruelty.aspx
Reporting animal abuse is your responsibility. SPEAK FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NO VOICE.
“Rescue” It’s not just a verb, it’s a promise! National Mill Dog Rescue
- Your Notes: Tuesday, April 24, 2017